Real Estate Disputes
I frequently represent owners, developers, banks and other lenders, title insurers, commercial landlords, commercial tenants, and brokers in a wide variety of real estate litigation in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts including:
• Quiet Title
• Receivership matters
• Landlord-Tenant matters
• Shopping Center disputes
• Mechanics Liens
• Construction Disputes
I have extensive experience in providing advice and counsel to clients on the efficient resolution of disputes and consider some of my greatest successes to be those matters resolved through negotiation and not litigation. My firm has received Tier 1 ranking in Real Estate Litigation from the US News & World Report for the last four years running.
I have unparalleled experience in venues across the United States advising and defending retailers, other public accommodations, and employers in matters involving disability rights and accessibility under the ADA and similar state and local laws including defending “drive-by” litigation – both individual and class action claims.
My work for a wide range of public and private sector clients has taken me across the country to assist national retailers and other businesses that are public accommodations and I have obtained precedent-setting judicial opinions while defending disability-based discrimination lawsuits.
My non-litigation services are as follows:
- The creation and implementation of ADA compliance audit programs
- The development of ADA-compliant operational policies, practices, and procedures
- The creation and presentation of ADA training programs for facilities personnel (ie property managers, real estate developers, lawyers, design professionals, etc.)
- Representation in U. S. Department of Justice investigations
- General advice and counseling.
My extensive knowledge of the ADA and its state and local counterparts enables us to provide uniquely creative, insightful, and efficient advice and fulfill my role as a trusted advisor and counselor to my clients.